A velvety, root veg soup is ideal when you want something quick, easy and filling – and the addition of turmeric in this recipe gives it an extra lift without it being too spicy.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, plus extra to garnish
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 675g parsnips, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 packs Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
What to do:
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. In a bowl, mix together 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp ground turmeric and ½ tsp mustard seeds. Add the 1 large onion, garlic, parsnips, and plum tomatoes and mix well. Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser and pour over 1 ½ packs of bone broth until smooth. Pour into a pan with the remaining bone broth, season, then heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.