For a relaxed, easy-to-prepare summer supper dish with your favourite salsas, sides and toppings – these beef tacos are perfect (and delicious, of course!).
What you need:
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 500 g quality minced beef
- 350 ml Sadie’s Kitchen Boosting Beef Bone Broth
- 12 corn taco shells
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 3 sprigs of fresh coriander
- ½ a lime
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
What to do:
- Soften the onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a low heat.
- Add the garlic, along with the paprika and cumin, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beef and stir until it has browned.
- Pour in the broth, cover, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- For the salsa, roughly chop the tomatoes, trim and finely slice the spring onion, then roughly chop the coriander leaves. Combine with the lime juice, then season carefully to taste.
- For the guacamole, halve and destone the avocados, then mash the flesh with a fork. Squeeze in the lime juice, add the crème fraîche, season, and gently mix it all up.
- Spread the taco shells out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp. Fill the shells with the meat, salsa and guacamole and serve.