The humidity means it’s too hot to spend hours preparing dinner, so this delicious all-in-one dish is ideal. It delivers maximum inpact with minimum fuss. And it’s more than just a practical recipe; it really packs a punch flavour-wise. With paprika, all-spice and mango, it really is one for the whole family to enjoy – the perfect summer meal.
What you need:
- 8 chicken thighs
- 400g basmati rice
- 400g tin of black beans (kidney beans will also work)
- 1 pack (350mls) of Sadie’s Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 200mls of water
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 inches of ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Handful of coriander, chopped.
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 mango, diced into cubes
How to prepare:
- Blend your oil, chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander, 1 lime and paprika into a paste. Rub the mix into the chicken thighs and leave to marinate for as long as you can.
- Pour the rice and beans into a roasting tray. Sprinkle the remaining marinade over the rest of the tray and add the juice and pulp of the second lime.
- Pour the bone broth and water over the dish and place the chicken thighs on top.
- Top with the fresh mango, cover lightly with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 180C.
- Remove foil and cook for a further 35 minutes at 200C until the chicken is brown and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve with chopped coriander and lime wedges.