In the stressful time we now find ourselves in, practising social isolation for our health and each other, it’s more important than ever that we eat well. That we eat food not only nutritious but comforting too. Yes, we must eat mindfully, but we must also eat the favoured meals which help ease some of our anxieties – the best meals do both. And soup, being so good for the soul, does exactly this. Broccoli and cauliflower are two vegetables incredibly high in nutrients and vitamins, perfect for immunity-boosting. Add in our delicious bone broth to seal in flavour and you have an ideal supper. Eat, relax and breathe…
What you need:
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 pack of Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp basil
- 125g grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare:
- Saute the onions on medium heat until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, broccoli and cauliflower to the pan.
- Our in Sadie’s bone broth and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add the cheddar cheese, thyme, basil and mustard.
- Blend, adding boiling water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve with crusty bread and a few herbs of choice for garnish.
Photo via: eatingwell.com