Comfort food is definitely what we need right now, so this Thai inspired butternut squash red curry is just that: creamy, spicy, rich, and comforting! It’s a dish that can be eaten no matter the season. And to lighten it up now that summer is here; we recommend our Comforting Chicken Bone Broth to give it a lightweight, soup-infused texture. We love it – and so will you.
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped (or 2 small)
- 500g diced butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pack of Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- small bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- Basmati rice or cooked noodles with crushed cashews/ peanuts, cilantro, lime wedges for serving
How to Prepare:
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and saute them for 5-6 minutes or until they just begin to get golden.
- Add the butternut squash and grated ginger, stir to coat with the oil.
- Dice the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown (you can do this separately and add in when the sauce is simmering).
- Add the tomatoes, red curry paste, yellow curry powder and stir until all the butternut squash is nicely coated. Continue to cook the curry paste for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, and sugar. Let the sauce come to a simmer before covering.
- Lower the heat and allow the squash to cook, about 12-18 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice with crushed nuts, cilantro, and lime wedges for topping.
- Sprinkle coriander before serving