There seems no better time to share one of our ultimate gut-friendly, comforting dishes. This is a firm favourite amongst the Sadie’s Kitchen team. Perfect for when you’re craving some lighter supper options, and for those times when we might need a little extra TLC. Our delicious Chicken Noodle Broth contains our award-winning chicken bone broth, along with noodles, chicken and vegetables – even a small portion packs a mighty punch.
What you need:
- 15g butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 packs (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 225g cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 55g rice/glass noodles
- 120g carrots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable stocks and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
Photograph: Shilpa Kiran, @Soulful_and_Healthy