Mi Quang is a complex Vietnamese Noodle Soup with layers-upon-layers of flavour. This is an Asian dish that takes time to prepare, but all the prep and cooking time will be worth it when you see the smiles of your guests!
What you Need:
- 250 g of pork belly or pork steaks or a combination of both, in slices
- 500 g shrimp, peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- Rice noodles (follow instructions)
- 2 packs of Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 kg pork meat for soup (steaks, ribs, etc)
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- bean sprouts
- coriander leaves
- spring onion, into rings
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- Sriracha chili sauce
- lemon, wedges
What to Do:
- Prepare the soup/broth by bringing bone broth to the boil. Add the meat, onion, salt, and sugar to the water. Bring to a boil before allowing
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions and garlic until translucent. Fry the slices of the pork meat in the pan. Add the shrimp.
- Remove the braised meat and keep it in a bowl. Add the fried pork and shrimp with the marinade and one tablespoon of fish sauce to the broth and bring to a boil.
- Put your bean sprouts and noodles in a bowl. Add yourr broth with meat and shrimp over the noodles. Garnish to taste with the spring onion, mint, cilantro, chopped cucumber, fried onions, and roasted peanuts.
- Season well.