We’ve spoken before about the importance of a FODMAP diet when it comes to easing some of the symptoms that come with IBS. To promote healthy gut bacteria, we need to be eating a wide range of vegetables, so this blend of Tomato and Carrot soup combines two tried-and-tested favourites with some of our Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth to really give your gut a healthy kick.
What you need:
- 450g carrots, chopped
- 650g tomatoes
- 1 pack of Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 handful of freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
How to prepare:
- Add olive oil on medium heat to a large cooking pot. Then add the carrot and leave to sautee.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and salt, before adding the bone broth and bay leaf. Stir all together.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce. Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend liquid together until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with some fresh basil