A light, tasty, al fresco starter, scatter with crunchy spring onions and serve with the cool zesty yogurt dip for an extra bit of zing.
What you Need:
- 1 large potato peeled I like roosters
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 130g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt,
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 free-range egg
- Handful chopped fresh parsley or dill or parsley and spring onions to garnish
- 250g natural yogurt
- ½ Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic honey
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
What to Do:
- For the dipping sauce, mix all of the ingredients above together and chill for 15 minutes.
- Grate courgette and onion roughly with a wide box grater and add your sea salt to help draw out excess water. Leave for 30 minutes and wring out with a muslin cloth or a very strong kitchen towel.
- Add your eggs to a separate bowl and beat lightly with a fork and begin to add your chopped parsley grated garlic and sea salt. Toss in the courgette and flour and baking powder and combine well.
- Heat your oil over medium-high heat and portion out with a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes each side until golden brown and remove and drain onto some kitchen paper. Season with salt and serve with your dipping sauce immediately.