This is the perfect simple summer salad for the whole family to enjoy. Filled with lots of deliciously healthy superfoods, we’ve added butternut squash to the mix. Tossed in with a little olive oil with garlic and lots of freshly ground black pepper, it works a treat.
You will need:
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
- Freshly washed mixed salad and spinach leaves
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup of lentils
- 1 pack of Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Arrange coated butternut squash cubes on a baking tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven until butternut squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add red onion, and celery and sauté until slightly softened. Add lentils and stir 1 minute. Add 350ml of bone broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until lentils are just tender, stirring occasionally
- Place washed mixed salad and spinach leaves in a large serving bowl, add in the softened red onion and celery and mix in the lentils. Chop up the cucumber into thin slices and add into the bowl.
- Take the butternut squash from the oven and add in the cubes
- Chop up the avocado into thin slices and add to the top