This delicious red lentil and coconut soup makes a for warm, comforting meal on a cold day. This one is extra smooth thanks to the creaminess of the coconut milk and it’s so easy to prepare too.
What you need:
- 100g red lentils
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coarsely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pack of Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 leeks, well washed and sliced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 limes, cut into wedges to serve
What to do:
- Tip the lentils into a large pan and add the turmeric, ginger and garlic.
- Pour in the broth, then cover the pan and simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have softened.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir in the leeks, cover and cook for 10 mins more.
- Add the spinach and cook just to wilt it, then spoon into bowls and squeeze over the lime juice.