Delicious beef pho is my go-to bowl of nourishment and immediate restoration, be it a cold or a hangover; this Vietnamese staple is a constant at my table! Our quick recipe is so tasty – an instant hit of comfort and goodness.
What you need:
- 3 packs (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth or you can also add 2kg of Oxtail for a deeper beef flavour
- 400g or two sirloin steaks
- 3-star anise
- 2 thumbs of fresh ginger grated
- 1 head of fennel sliced fine
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3 large spring onions sliced
- 2 red chillies sliced for garnish
- 200g of beansprouts 50mls of fish sauce
- 20g of brown sugar or cane sugar
- 500g of vermicelli noodles [soak before use]
- Juice of one lime and 1 cut into quarters for serving
- 1 bunch of coriander for garnish
- Sriracha and hoisin sauce for garnish
How to prepare:
- Empty your Sadie’s bone broth into a pot and add all your ingredients, apart from those reserved for garnish and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Blanch you noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes and remove and place in your broth.
- On a griddle pan sear your sirloin steak to your liking (medium-rare works well with this recipe as the hot broth will cook it further).
- Slice and place gently onto of your spiced broth.
Pour into bowls and add your steak garnish with you beansprouts, chillies, lime and coriander and add as little or as much of your sriracha and hoisin as you like.
Serves 4 – 6