There’s nothing like a piping bowl of soup as the evenings get cooler. Our variation of what is a classic recipe contains our delicious bone broth keeping it rich and full of flavour, while the added cream ensures a velvety smooth taste and texture. Top it with truffle oil for an extra hit of indulgence.
What you’ll need:
- 50g of dried mushrooms (porcini works well)
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 500g mushrooms, any variety
- 700ml of beef bone broth
- 150ml single cream
- Truffle oil, to serve
- Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for ten minutes. Drain well, reserving the liquid.
- In a pan, sauté your onion and garlic in butter until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Reserving a few for serving, add the dried and fresh mushrooms until the pan until they soften.
- Toss in half of your parsley and cover with bone broth and the remaining liquid from the mushrooms. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in the cream, season to taste and blend to desired consistency. Allow simmering for a further 5 minutes.
- To serve, garnish in a bowl with the remaining dried mushrooms, croutons, fresh parsley, and a drizzle of oil.