Mushroom soup has been known to divide opinions but we bet even die-hard mushroom haters would have their head turned by this tasty little number. The addition of our beef bone broth gives this soup an intense depth of flavour, making it a hearty supper option after a long day. And it’s dairy-free, too!
What you need:
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 large white onions, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 800g of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 700mls of Boosting Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour*
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Couple of sprigs of thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a large pot on a medium heat and cook the onion until softened.
- Add in the garlic for 2 minutes
- Add your mushrooms, parsley and thyme springs, along with a splash of bone broth and cook until mushrooms are softened
- Add in the flour* and stock, a little each at a time, making sure to mix well so the flour dissolves
- Pour in your tin of coconut milk, combine well and bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove thyme sprigs before serving
- Garnish with a little fresh parsley
*If you add too much flour at once it will become clumpy, so take your time.