Mushroom soup has been known to divide opinions but we bet even die-hard mushroom haters would have their head turned by this tasty little number. The addition of our new beef bone broth gives this soup an intense depth of flavour, making it a hearty welcome home after a long day. What’s not to love?
What you need:
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 large white onions, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 800g of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 700mls of Boosting Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour*
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Couple of sprigs of thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a large pot on a medium heat and cook the onion until softened.
- Add in the garlic for 2 minutes
- Add your mushrooms, parsley and thyme springs, along with a splash of bone broth and cook until mushrooms are softened
- Add in the flour* and stock, a little each at a time, making sure to mix well so the flour dissolves
- Pour in your tin of coconut milk, combine well and bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove thyme sprigs before serving
- Garnish with a little fresh parsley
*If you add too much flour at once it will become clumpy, so take your time.