This delicious healthy rice pot is perfect for a mid-week supper – crammed with fibre and vitamin C – it tastes as great as it looks. For those that don’t know, Edamame beans are whole, immature soybeans, sometimes referred to as vegetable-type soybeans. They are high in protein and add bite and texture to this dish.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 250g basmati rice
- 600ml Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 100g frozen edamame/soya beans
- coriander leaves and fat-free Greek yoghurt (optional), to serve
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then add the onion, ginger and chilli, along with some seasoning. Cook for 5 mins, then add the chicken and rice. Cook for 2 mins more, then add the bone broth and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and cook for 8-10 mins until the rice is just cooked.
- During the final 3 mins of cooking, add the edamame beans.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves on top and serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt for extra taste.