Following on from Jette Virdi (@jette_food_event_stylist)
‘s brilliant takeover on our Instagram account (if you missed it, never fear! It’s saved in our highlights
), the talented food stylist and photographer created a beautiful recipe, made for festive snacking. This would make a delicious starter or side for a special Christmas meal.
What You Need:
- Pre-heat oven to 180
- 150-200g uncooked wild rice
- 1 pack of Sadies bone broth (chicken or beef)
- Handful of coriander
- Handful of parsley
- Handful of kale
- 10 mini portobello mushrooms (I do 2/3 per person) or you could do big ones too!
- 50g grated cheddar
- Salt, pepper and oil
- In a pan, cook the wild rice in the bone broth and leave to do its thing
- In the meantime, remove the stems of the mushrooms and place the mushrooms in a flat pan that can be cooked in the oven.
- Chop the parsley, coriander, kale and mushroom stems and put into a bowl. Mix into the wild rice once cooked, season well then give a generous filling for each mushroom.
- Drizzle with olive oil and pop into your oven for 15 minutes. Removing to grate cheddar over each one then pop back in for another 5-10 or until the cheese goes golden.
- Sprinkle with some parsley and serve warm. Can be kept in the fridge and reheated.
- (You could add some chestnuts, bacon, chilli flakes, seaweed, nuts, or even substitute the wild rice for quinoa)