This creamy bone marrow mash is the yin to your Christmas dinner yang. Too good to refuse, you’ll even want seconds (and probably thirds, too).
What you need:
- 6 centre-cut beef marrow bones (2 to 3 inches long)
- 5lbs of potatoes, peeled and cubed (Queens or Golden Wonders work well)
- 1 pack (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- 170g melted butter
- 170g cream (sour cream or creme fraiche also work)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the marrow bones widest side down on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the marrow is soft and begins to separate from the bone, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add your bone broth to a pot & top up with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, butter, cream, and salt and mash until you reach desired consistency.
- Scoop out the bone marrow from the bones and combine with mash. Serve hot.
Photographs: Nathalie Marquez Courtney. Styled by Jette Virdi