This creamy bone marrow mash is the yin to your Christmas dinner’s yang. Too good to refuse, you’ll even want seconds (and probably thirds, too). And don’t forget the gravy!
What you need:
- 6 centre-cut beef marrow bones (2 to 3 inches long)
- 5lbs of potatoes, peeled and cubed (Queens or Golden Wonders work well)
- 1 pack (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- 170g melted butter
- 170g cream (sour cream or creme fraiche also work)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the marrow bones widest side down on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the marrow is soft and begins to separate from the bone, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add your bone broth to a pot & top up with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, butter, cream, and salt and mash until you reach desired consistency.
- Scoop out the bone marrow from the bones and combine with mash. Serve hot.
Photographs: Nathalie Marquez Courtney. Styled by Jette Virdi