We really love good soup here at Sadie’s HQ. This latest recipe makes for a warm and hearty dish, but it has a twist. A dash of curry powder gives it a pleasant kick but don’t worry, it’s nothing too spicy! The natural yoghurt nicely offsets the flavouring and makes it smooth and creamy.
What you need:
- 2 onions, diced
- 500g carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 4 tbsp red lentils
- 1 pack (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Small bunch of coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan and soften the onions and carrots for 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and fry for 2 minutes before adding the lentils and bone broth.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender and lentils soft.
- Take off the heat and blend until smooth.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a small frying pan then add the cumin seeds until golden.
- Top soup with a spoonful of yoghurt, the cumin seeds and a sprinkle of coriander leaves.