On the days you feel under the weather – the changing seasons tend to have that affect – your tummy loves nothing more than a truly tasty, heartwarming bowl of soup. We are partial to this tried-and-tested roast carrot and fennel flavour that contains three sachets of our delicious bone broth – and is so easy to prepare.
What you need:
- 1 kg carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 2 bulbs of fennel, trimmed and sliced, tops reserved to serve
- 1 onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 3 packs (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- 250ml water
- 100ml single cream, to serve
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
- Put the carrots, fennel and onion in a roasting dish and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then add the garlic cloves.
- Stir everything thoroughly and return to the oven for 20 minutes more, until the vegetables are soft and browned.
- Remove the papery skins from the garlic cloves.
- Put the roasted veg in a large pan with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes, then liquidise with a stick blender, until completely smooth.