Stuck for supper ideas but don’t want an overly complicated dish? This hearty, delicious, and easy-to-prepare slow-cooker soup will go down a treat. You can eat it now, or keep it as a must-have when the Autumn season rolls around.
What You Need:
- 1–2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4–6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 128g dried beans (white, cannellini beans, pinto, kidney)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (leave whole)
- 2 packs Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- crack pepper to taste
- squeeze of lemon
- fresh Italian parsley, avocado, or sour cream to garnish
What To Do:
- Add beans, broth, onion, bay leaf, celery, garlic, and rosemary slow cooker. Top with chicken. Cover and cook on low until the beans and vegetables are tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken using a fork and stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with fresh chopped Italian parsley, and for added richness sour cream or avocado.