Looking for the perfect comfort dish as the chilly autumn evenings set in? A bowl of seafood chowder is just the ticket; delicious, creamy and packed full of flavour (and our award-winning bone broth of course!). You’ll love it as much as we do.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion
- 500mls Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 4 small hake fillets (500g)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 medium piece (400g) smoked fish (haddock or cod)
- 250mls cream
- 100ml milk
- 4 tbsp finely diced chives
- Pinch of sea salt (to garnish)
Skin and dice the fish before cooking. Leave the fish in large chunks as it breaks up a lot in cooking.
What to do:
- Heat up the oil and butter in a saucepan. Pop in the onion, carrot, potato and dill. Stir continuously for about 5 mins.
- Pour in the bone broth, bring to a simmer, pop on the lid and cook for 15mins.
- Remove the lid, add in the fish, cream and milk. Allow to simmer for 5 /8 mins until the fish is cooked.
- Add in the chopped chives, saving some for garnishing.
- Serve in bowls with fresh brown soda bread.