Whether you hate it or rate it, beetroot has always been a staple food. Known to help support the liver, lower blood pressure and rich in many valuable nutrients and fibre – beetroot is a firm favourite of ours, so why not try out this simple quick and easy dinner for the week that’s in it? This creamy beetroot risotto is not only delicious, but requires minimal effort to make.
What you will need:
- 450g beetroot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 250g risotto rice
- 150ml white or red wine
- 1 pack of Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 125g soft goats cheese
- 75g walnuts, chopped
- Wild rocket leaves to garnish
How to prepare:
- Drain the beetroot juice into a jug and add to a pack of Sadie’s Kitchen chicken bone broth to make up about 1 litre.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil with the butter in an ovenproof pan with a lid. Tip in the onion and garlic, then cook for 3-5 mins until translucent. Stir in the rice until well coated with the butter and oil. Pour over the red or white wine, then let the mixture bubble away for 5 mins.
- Add the stock mixture, one ladle at a time, stirring to prevent catching and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked but slightly al dente.
- Dice the beetroot into small cubes, and then add to the risotto, sprinkle two handfuls of chopped walnuts into the mix
- To serve, grate parmesan cheese over the beetroot risotto, sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and then garnish with some wild rocket.