Not a typo, this deliciously simple-to-prepare soup really does contain 40 cloves of garlic, but we promise it tastes great! Garlic has terrific immune-boosting properties so if you’re feeling under the weather or just want to ensure you’re staying as healthy as you can, this is one dish that will definitely do you some good. Its velvety texture means it’s absolutely worth any trace of garlic-breath you may have after eating… Trust us, it’s worth it.
What you Need:
- 1 Tbsp ghee (clarified butter) or avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pack Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon zest
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
What to Do:
- Heat the ghee or avocado oil in a pot before adding the onion, sauteing until brown for 3-5 minutes
- Stir in the cauliflower pieces for 5-7 minutes until cauliflower begins to brown.
- Add in the garlic cloves, thyme and sea salt and cook for 3-5 minutes until cloves start to soften.
- Add the bone broth, bringing to a boil, before reducing to a simmer cooking for another 25-30 minutes.
- Add in the lemon juice and zest.
- Then blend until smooth.
- Add garnish and serve.