Bone broth was made for adding to a stir fry. And for this week’s recipe, we have a nifty-yet-healthy way to you to enjoy a sweet and sour sauce in yours without going down the traditional soy route (which can be an overload of saltiness!). Simply add a 1/4 cup of honey with a satchel of our bone broth and et voilà! Instant sauce that’s sweet, sour and delicious. Add your favourite vegetables, chicken or beef and serve with rice, noodles or, for something a bit different, quinoa or squash and there you have it. A simple, tasty and light dinner option the whole family will love.
What you need:
- 500g meat of choice, cut in chunks (raw or cooked)
3 portions or ‘cups’ of vegetables of choice cut up
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 pack (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup honey
How to prepare:
1. If meat is raw cook in coconut oil in hot pan (if it’s already cooked start with next step).
2. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
3. Cook the vegetables in coconut oil in the hot pan until done to desired tenderness.
4. Add in cooked meat. Add in broth and honey.
5. Simmer the mixture until the broth reduces and forms a sauce.
6. Add more broth if the mixture is too dry.
7. Add more honey for a sweeter sauce.
Serve over rice, noodles, quinoa or squash.
Top with crispy nuts if desired.