A good gravy is an essential accompaniment for any Sunday roast. Our recipe contains our Boosting Beef Broth and some red wine which makes it rich and velvety. Make it by the boatload!
What you need:
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 large onion, roughly diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 pack (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Boosting Beef Broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to prepare:
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, add red wine and add onions.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the onions begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic and herbs and saute for a minute. Then add the red wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add the bone broth and increase the heat to high. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture reduces by half.
- Place the remaining sauce into a blender. Puree until smooth.
- If you wish to add drippings from, say your beef, do so before blending.