Here at Sadie’s HQ, we’re all about eating well while still enjoying our favourite foods. A swapping of ingredients should never compromise on taste – and this delicious stuffing dish is all the proof you need. Quinoa makes a healthy alternative to traditional stuffing, and with the addition of pomegranate, pistachio and zesty orange it makes for a seriously tasty side dish.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium oranges, segmented
- 1 pack (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- 200g dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup pomegranate
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup pistachio nuts, lightly crushed
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add broth, quinoa, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Toss in the orange and pomegranate
- Add cilantro and pistachios; fluff with fork and serve.
Photograph: Nathalie Marquez Courtney. Styled by Jette Virdi