Even when summer rears its head, most of us won’t shy away from a tasty roast dinner at least once a week. And such a meal is incomplete without rivers of rich, glorious gravy to finish. Our version, of course, contains our multi-award winning bone broth as a base which makes it extra flavoursome!
What you need:
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 large onion, roughly diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tbls red wine
- 1 pack (350ml) of Sadie’s Kitchen Chicken Bone Broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, and add onions.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the onions begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic and herbs and saute for a minute. Then add the red wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add the bone broth and increase the heat to high. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture reduces by half.
- Place the remaining sauce into a blender. Puree until smooth.
- If you wish to add drippings from, say your roast chicken, do so before blending.
Serves 4 -6
Photographs: Nathalie Marquez Courtney. Styled by Jette Virdi